How we review gear...

Product reviews on this site are conducted by DART adventure racing team members and have been used in the field by the author. We prefer our sponsor's product based on our history of use, however we do review sponsored and non sponsored products equally and without predjudice. We will list both pros and cons and will give you the most objective information to help you make critical decisions about what you take into the field.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jenn Segger, Elite DART-nuun racer, talks about "nuun"



Nuun – a necessity for both training and racing. I have been using this product for over a year now and having nothing but positive reviews to report on. I’ve used it during expedition races where maintaining adequate levels of minerals and replacing the essential electrolytes is critical to race performance. I take several tablets most days of the week, especially during or after intense training sessions when the body needs to be replenished. I love the fact that the flavor is desireable and that it has an appealing taste regardless of if the water temperature is mild or cold. The tube containers make it ideal for racing with and the tablet form provides for a quick dispersion amongst team members. I normally keep it in a pocket on the waist belt of my back for easy access. I never worry about it getting wet. The more convienent a product is to put in a bottle or drop in a bladder, the more likely it will be used. I look forward to the new flavors! Like it, love it, use it!!
Contributed by Jen Seeger

No comments: